Joe Alves is a american film production designer and director.
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Joe was born on May, 21, 1936 in San Leandro, California, USA.
Personal Life[edit | edit source]
He has been Married to Jerri Lauridsen since April, 29, 1990. they have two children together.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Jaws (production designer (Mechanical Shark)-credited as Joseph Alves Jr., second unit director-uncredited)
- Jaws 2 (production designer (Mechanical Shark)-credited as Joseph Alves Jr., second unit director, associate producer)
- Jaws 3 (Director,production designer (Mechanical Shark))
- Jaws: The Inside Story (Archive Material, himself)
- The Shark Is Still Working (himself)
- The Making of 'Jaws 2' (himself)
- The Making of Steven Spielbergs 'Jaws' (himself)
- The Making of 'Jaws 3-D': Sharks Don't Die (Himself and director)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His wife Jerri Lauridsen was born in 1955 and her roles include being a production associate, production coordinator, assistant and actress.
- His Birth name is Joseph Manuel Alves
- He has worked on other films such as The Sugarland Express, Close Encounters of the third kind, Escape from New York and Forbidden Planet.
- Alternate Names are Joseph M. Alves Jr., Joseph Alves Jr. and Joseph Alves
- His star sign is Gemini
- His other roles include being a art director, visual consultant, assistant art director, second unit director, associate producer, technical adviser and assistant effects Illustrator.
- Jaws 3 was the only film Joe directed due to the generally weak critical reception and negative reviews
- He was also nominated for a Golden Raspberry Award in 1983 for worst director for Jaws 3.
- He has also worked on TV Shows such as "Night Gallery" and "Hec Ramsey"
- He also nominated for an Oscar and won two other awards
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.