Howard Oliver Sackler was a american screenwriter and playwright.
- Jaws 2 [screenplay]
- Jaws [screenplay-Quint's "Indianapolis" monologue- the sinking of the USS Indianapolis during World War II].
Howard was born on December, 19, 1929 in New York City, New York, USA. He was a graduate of Brooklyn College.
He was married and had two children.
On October, 12, 1982, Howard was found dead in his studio in Ibiza, Spain where he lived for the better part of the year. according to his New York Times obituary, there was no evidence of foul play, although a autopsy was to be performed. He was working on a play farcical play called "Klondike" which was about the Gold rush. He was 52 years old.
- According to the Internet Movie Database, Howard is not credited for his Quint/USS Indianapolis monologue for the film.
- Well Known for writing the play and film adaption of "The Great White Hope".
- Star Sign- Sagittarius
- Had plays produced throughout the USA, Europe and South America.
- Had directed over 200 recordings of Caedmon Audio and various theatre productions.