Howard Oliver Sackler was a american screenwriter and playwright.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Jaws 2 [screenplay]
- Jaws [screenplay-Quint's "Indianapolis" monologue- the sinking of the USS Indianapolis during World War II].
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Howard was born on December, 19, 1929 in New York City, New York, USA. He was a graduate of Brooklyn College.
Personal Life[edit | edit source]
He was married and had two children.
Death[edit | edit source]
On October, 12, 1982, Howard was found dead in his studio in Ibiza, Spain where he lived for the better part of the year. according to his New York Times obituary, there was no evidence of foul play, although a autopsy was to be performed. He was working on a play farcical play called "Klondike" which was about the Gold rush. He was 52 years old.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the Internet Movie Database, Howard is not credited for his Quint/USS Indianapolis monologue for the film.
- Well Known for writing the play and film adaption of "The Great White Hope".
- Star Sign- Sagittarius
- Had plays produced throughout the USA, Europe and South America.
- Had directed over 200 recordings of Caedmon Audio and various theatre productions.