Brucette (a.k.a. Ms. Jaws, Jaws II, Scarface, Bruce 2, or Fidel) is a nickname coined by fans of the Jaws franchise. It attacked swimmers during the infamous "Second Amity Incident", and was later depicted as the predator and antagonist in the second film Jaws 2.
Said to be just as large as, if not larger than, the first shark. A portion of this shark's face and jaws were severely burnt in a boating attack and the boat’s subsequent explosion. Later, it is electrocuted by Brody after being lured into biting an electrical cable, then set on fire near a small power station known as Cable Junction.
Two sharks were constructed for the film as well as a tow fin. Two of the fully-built mechanical sharks were initially referred to as "Bruce Two" but then later affectionately nicknamed "Harold and Fidel", in reference to the production lawyers. More recently, fans have created their own name for the shark, preferring to call her "Brucette", as she was supposedly female and Bruce's mate (according to the film's novelization written by Hank Searls) of Bruce as seen in Jaws.
- Scuba Diver 1: Eaten.
- Scuba Diver 2: Eaten.
- Terry: Devoured.
- Eddie Marchand: Brutally devoured.
- Harbor Patrol Pilot: Drowned (but eaten alive in a deleted scene).
- Marge: Devoured.
- Bob: Devoured (Deleted Scene)
- Diane: Killed in explosion while being attacked by Brucette.
- Orca: Killed.
- Martin Brody
In the novelization of the film, (written by Hank Searls) it is revealed early in the book that Brucette was, in fact, the mate of the first shark (Bruce) that originally terrorized Amity.
Returning to the same waters, Brucette manages to give birth to only one shark pup before or during her being electrocuted. Years later, during the events of the novelization for Jaws: The Revenge (also written by Seals), Brucette's sole surviving pup would return as an adult to once more threaten the Brody family. Apparently, the electrocution had caused a mutation, thereby enhancing the pup's DNA and accelerated its growth process.
- Brucette is the only Great White Shark in the series to be electrocuted.
- Brucette is also the only shark in the film series to be disfigured in an attack.
- One of Brucette's victims was an orca. Ironically, Brucette's breed, Great Whites, frequently ended up as prey to orcas.